What a weekend!

Thank you Mother Nature for trimming our trees, really, we appreciate it. Now could you kindly come and clean up your mess?


I really can't complain, we really weren't too affected by the storm that came through this weekend...unless you count the distraction the storm gave us from our actual work on the house. Everyone else in our family, except Kimmie who was at work, were without power for all of Saturday, and some through Sunday, and my mom up until this morning. I can't say that we were the best place to take refuge, considering we don't have a kitchen and our house has a thick layer of drywall dust covering every inch. Not to mention the lack of guest room, or extra bedding for that matter (we've only been on our own for less than two years, we haven't built up any extra bedding yet). But we were good enough for the evening, until everyone made their way over to Kimmie's house for the night, or back home. Josh's parents lost some limbs, and an actual tree which gave way to Taylor's first sentance "Uh oh, tree down!"

I can't say we were completely unaffected, we were left without phones, cable, and >gasp< Internet. So, we had to find other ways to entertain ourselves, which didn't necessarily mean working on our house. We drove by Perkins Park and noticed that a top of a tree had fallen onto the walkway bridge.

After that, we drove to Crapo Park. They lost a pretty big tree, but it looked like it wouldn't have lasted much longer anyway. The city forestry is definitely going to have their hands busy.


Believe it or not, we did manage to get some work done. Heather and Ethan came up on Friday and Heather scrubbed the floors while I worked on painting five coats of paint on the red section (tinted primer included). The rest of the weekend was spent working on the floor, painting the ceiling, doing a little bit more prep on the walls, and actually getting a coat of paint on the walls.
This is the red section and ceiling painted, I'll post a picture of the walls once they've been edged and painted a couple of times. We're VERY close. Woohoo!

5 Response to "What a weekend!"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    I recently came across your blog on houseblogs.net and I enjoyed checking it out. I to have my own home improvement blog and I’ve recently been trying to find ways to increase my readership. My wife has been using blogrolls successfully to get readers so I decided to start one for home improvement. If you’re at all interested check out my site at http://homeimprovementblogroll.blogspot.com . It’s free and just a way for all of us to get more readers and share great ideas. Best of luck with your home.



    Todd

  2. Chris Says:

    Woah, that's quite a storm you had.

    What red is that on your wall? It's great - just what I was thinking of for our office.

  3. Unknown Says:

    Thanks guys!

    Mandy - Yep, that's the kitchen wall, but it's only part of the kitchen that will be that red color. The rest is greenish. Hopefully we'll have a good start on the floor by the time you get here :)
    Chris - The red is called Posh Red and it's by American Tradition. It's very bold, but we love it already.

  4. Anonymous Says:

    The red is gorgeousssssss! I love it - the kitchen is going to be great!

    Thanks for the pics of the storm's effects. Yikes!

  5. Anonymous Says:

    Thanks for posting those pictures, its always nice to see Burlington. :( I really miss it! And also glad to know that no trees fell on your house! -Jordan