Hazel Update

For an update on baby Hazel, please go to their blog: http://hazelana.blogspot.com
Her mother has written a complete update on everything that has happened up until now.

In case you didn't know, batteries are very very dangerous. The battery that Hazel swallowed was out of a remote control, but it was one of those small nickel sized batteries. Those same batteries are used in greeting cards, and can be very very dangerous around small children. All over the county children are being rushed to emergency rooms because those batteries come out, and the children swallow them. Battery acid starts leaking within the hour, and has the potential to cause a lot of damage.
Many of you know, Jayden LOVES those cards, and we always keep them out to play with. I'm sure this is the case in many houses. But, I'm sending out a request for no more. I can't imagine going through what Hazel's mother is going through if Jayden or Gavin were to swallow one. So, we're going to stop buying them, and would love for you to do the same. Nothing is more important than a child's safety.

2 Response to "Hazel Update"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Glad to get the news about the battery in cards. Hope the little one is okay. How horrible to happen when it was suppose to be a fun thing to send.

  2. Shelene Says:

    oh my goodness... i am in total shock and awe after visiting Hazel's blog. I am praying for her and her family. I too can't imagine how her mother feels right now, and I will be boycotting those battery cards for sure. Thanks for posting about this!