Happy New Year!

So, I'm a little late...but I've been under the weather a bit and sitting in front of the computer just didn't sound like much fun.
Anyway, its the time of year for resolutions. I think this is the first year I've actually given the whole list making process some serious thought, maybe because I've grown up a bit the last couple of years and I have higher expectations of the years to come.
The first list deals with the house. Its pretty big, but its also pretty basic. I didn't really want to go into too much detail because it would have been depressing. Basically its a list of everything we want to accomplish this year on the house.

Jayden's Room

  • Touch up floor paint
  • Install and paint quarter round and floor trim
  • Finish shelving
  • Install dimmer switch
  • Blank covers for obsolete outlets
  • Install lighting in closet
  • Paint door

Master Bedroom

  • One more coat of paint on walls
  • Edging on ceiling
  • Plate covers
  • Finish Trim
  • Install Door
  • Install closet lights
  • Run cable to our room

Upstairs Hallway

  • Finish patching cracks
  • Sand
  • Primer and paint ceilings and walls
  • Install lighting
  • Switch plate covers
  • Paint woodwork
  • Install shelving

Kid's Bath

  • Finish Floor
  • Plumbing
  • Order faucet for tub
  • Sand walls
  • Primer and Paint walls and ceiling
  • Finish painting bead board
  • Put up trim
  • Put up and finish door
  • Install Lighting
  • Hang medicine cabinet

Stairway

  • Sand, primer, paint walls and ceiling
  • Sand and varnish woodwork

Living Room

  • Finish woodwork
  • Finish installing built in media cabinet
  • Finish dresser
  • Finish and install french doors
  • Touch up paint

Family Room

  • Touch up paint
  • Put up woodwork
  • Finish woodwork
  • Install built in bookshelves

Dining Room

  • One more coat of regular paint
  • Top coat paints
  • Woodwork
  • Switch plate covers
  • Door on closet

Half bath

  • Put in ceiling
  • Plaster, sand, primer, and paint walls and ceiling
  • Paint bead board and woodwork
  • Plate covers
  • Hang medicine cabinet

Kitchen

  • Electrical
  • Plumbing
  • Drywall walls and ceiling
  • Plaster, Sand, Primer and paint walls and ceiling
  • Install and paint woodwork
  • Sand and varnish floor
  • Install lighting
  • Install cabinets
  • Install appliances

Outside

  • Scrape paint
  • Primer
  • Paint
  • Begin landscaping

And of course there is my personal list. Woohoo. I'm hoping that if I share it, I'll be more obliged to keep to it.

  • Lose 30 pounds (this should have happened LAST year)
  • Get my real estate license (this also should have happened last year)
  • Get a job. Don't get me wrong, I love being a stay at home mom, but a girl needs to get out of the house sometimes.

I'm pretty sure there was more, because I was thinking about it a lot. I just never sat down to get it all down on paper. So maybe I'll just add to this list as I think of things.

1 Response to "Happy New Year!"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Now the hard part about that list is prioritizing and setting timelines.